Thank you for your interest in AMYLA! Our admission information is detailed below, and please be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions page. Additional questions or concerns regarding the application process should be sent to email@example.com.
AMYLA recruits urban talent that meet the following criteria:
- A resident of Washington, D.C., Maryland, or Virginia.
- Current 9th & 10th grade high school students
- Possess a positive attitude, strong work ethic and openness to coaching from AMYLA Team members.
- Be willing to sign a two year agreement
- Qualify for AMYLA International, AMYLA's cultural immersion program by obtaining a valid U.S. passport. (Financial assistance is available for new passport applicants).
The 2017 nomination period is currently filled. AMYLA will begin accepting 2018 nominations on February 1st, 2018.
AMYLA requires two (2) nominations on behalf of each applicant in order to qualify for the program. In order to nominate a future AMYLA scholar, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be over the age of 21.
- Must have a personal relationship with the nominee.
- Be able to detail the candidates potential & why you believe they would excel with AMYLA.
- Be available to speak to an AMYLA staff member if the nominee is selected for next steps within the application process.
- One nominator per category:
- Parent, Guardian, or Family Member
- School Teacher, Administrator or other School Official
- Spiritual/Religious Leader
Nominations will be accepted when the application portal opens in February of 2018.
Applicants must apply during the AMYLA filing period (February 1st – March 30th for Fall 2018 admission).
*Please note that incomplete or late applications WILL NOT be accepted.
AMYLA uses a trusted mobile application platform as our official means of accepting new talent.
Enrollment offers are normally made in April of each calendar year for Fall admission.